Size Preemie – Kids 16
+ Boys & Girls Clothing
+ Formal Outfits
+ Hats & Gloves
All Items In This Category Must Be New Unless Noted
+ Diapers & Diaper Cream
+ Dental Items ( Toothbrush / Kids Toothpaste / Floss)
+ Brushes & Combs
+ Socks, Bras, Underwear
+ Bottles, Pacifiers, Sippy Cups
+ Infant Towels / Burp Cloths (can be gently used)
+ Blankets (can be gently used)
+ Books-hardback and board books are preferred. Please no books with writing in them.
+ Small Toys (under 15″)
+ Games or Puzzles (with all pieces)
+ Small New Stuffed Animals
Monetary donations may be sent via
PayPal to: firstname.lastname@example.org
mailed to: The Moses Basket
936 Old Calvert City Road
Calvert City, KY 42029
Items We Can Accept
New OR Gently Used:
- Boys and girls clothing and shoes, sizes preemie through adult sizes (for our older teens)
- Baby linens – receiving blankets, sleep sacks, burp cloths, bedding, etc.
- Backpacks and duffle bags
- Twin size sheet sets, comforters, and blankets
- Toys – clean with no missing pieces
- Books – hardback and board books are preferred. Please no books with writing in them.
- Baby and kids personal hygiene items – toothbrush/toothpaste, toiletries, diapers, diaper cream, baby nail clippers, brushes/ combs, feminine hygiene, deodorant, girl’s hair bands
- Undergarments (underwear, bras, socks)
- Bottles, pacifiers, sippy cups
- Small stuffed animals and plush toys
Items We Cannot Accept
The Moses Basket runs solely on volunteer power. Please be courteous of them by inspecting your items before you send them our way!
- GEAR OF ANY KIND new or used due to liability (carseats, boosters, highchairs, swings, play centers, bouncers, cribs, beds, mattresses, bumbo seats, baby monitors, etc)
- Stained or torn clothing
- Used socks and underwear
- Clothing without size tags
- Used feeding items – bottles, pacifiers, sippy cups
- Used stuffed animals and plush toys
- Books with dedications written in them
- Used coloring books and art supplies
- Baby formula and food products
Things To Consider When Donating
- We cannot accept clothing with “mommy” or “daddy” or other familial text on it.
- Whether it be preparing your own home for school supplies or Christmas shopping, please consider picking up a few extra items and donating. Our hope is to not only assist families with placement, but to be a resource for back to school, birthdays, Christmas, graduation, etc.
Donate to The Moses Basket
The Moses Basket provides clothing and items for those circumstances when families are welcoming a new child into their home. Once receiving notice of a potential placement, a family may only have hours before the child arrives. At The Moses Basket, we feel this time of transition should be devoted to preparing their hearts and minds for a new member, and not worrying about the items and supplies needed. It is our goal to make this area of transition an afterthought and not an obstacle. Packaged and delivered in under 48 hours, we strive to provide a quick resource to get families started. We graciously accept supplies, clothing, and other goods for newborns through high school age. Grades 4th-8th (ages 9-13) tend to be the those with the highest need according to our social workers. If you would like to help but don’t have items to donate we also accept monetary donations which will allow us to purchase new items for families in need.
Thank you for weaving a part of The Moses Basket!