The Moses Basket is supported by generous hearts and charitable donations from our community. Below is a list of items that are most commonly needed.
Size Preemie – Kids 16
+ Boys & Girls Clothing
+ Formal Outfits
+ Hats & Gloves
All Items In This Category Must Be New Unless Noted
+ Diapers & Diaper Cream
+ Dental Items ( Toothbrush / Kids Toothpaste / Floss)
+ Brushes & Combs
+ Socks, Bras, Underwear
+ Bottles, Pacifiers, Sippy Cups
+ Infant Towels / Burp Cloths (can be gently used)
+ Blankets (can be gently used)
+ Books-hardback and board books are preferred. Please no books with writing in them.
+ Small Toys (under 15″)
+ Games or Puzzles (with all pieces)
+ Small New Stuffed Animals
Items We Can Accept
We graciously accept donations of clothing, hygiene products, school supplies, and other goods from newborns-teenage years.
New OR Gently Used:
- Boys and girls clothing and shoes, sizes preemie through adult sizes (for our older teens)
- Baby linens – receiving blankets, sleep sacks, burp cloths, bedding, etc.
- Backpacks and duffle bags
- Twin size sheet sets, comforters, and blankets
- Toys – clean with no missing pieces
- Books – hardback and board books are preferred. Please no books with writing in them.
- Baby and kids personal hygiene items – toothbrush/toothpaste, toiletries, diapers, diaper cream, baby nail clippers, brushes/ combs, feminine hygiene, deodorant, girl’s hair bands
- Undergarments (underwear, bras, socks)
- Bottles, pacifiers, sippy cups
- Small stuffed animals and plush toys
Items We Cannot Accept
The Moses Basket runs solely on volunteer power. Please be courteous of them by inspecting your items before you send them our way!
- GEAR OF ANY KIND new or used due to liability (carseats, boosters, highchairs, swings, play centers, bouncers, cribs, beds, mattresses, bumbo seats, baby monitors, etc)
- Stained or torn clothing
- Used socks and underwear
- Clothing without size tags
- Used feeding items – bottles, pacifiers, sippy cups
- Used stuffed animals and plush toys
- Books with dedications written in them
- Used coloring books and art supplies
- Baby formula and food products
Things To Consider When Donating
Our goal is for the kids to genuinely feel proud and confident in the items they receive from The Moses Basket. We strive to relieve a source of stress during a time of uncertainty. Please make sure to check toys and clothing for stains, holes, and wear before donating.
- We cannot accept clothing with “mommy” or “daddy” or other familial text on it.
- Whether it be preparing your own home for school supplies or Christmas shopping, please consider picking up a few extra items and donating. Our hope is to not only assist families with placement, but to be a resource for back to school, birthdays, Christmas, graduation, etc.
Donate to The Moses Basket
The Moses Basket provides clothing and items for those circumstances when families are welcoming a new child into their home. Once receiving notice of a potential placement, a family may only have hours before the child arrives. At The Moses Basket, we feel this time of transition should be devoted to preparing their hearts and minds for a new member, and not worrying about the items and supplies needed. It is our goal to make this area of transition an afterthought and not an obstacle. Packaged and delivered in under 48 hours, we strive to provide a quick resource to get families started. We graciously accept supplies, clothing, and other goods for newborns through high school age. Grades 4th-8th (ages 9-13) tend to be the those with the highest need according to our social workers. If you would like to help but don’t have items to donate we also accept monetary donations which will allow us to purchase new items for families in need.
Thank you for weaving a part of The Moses Basket!
DROP OFF LOCATIONS
Pathway Baptist Church (Calvert City) – iKids (Draffenville) – Trover’s Outdoors (Paducah)